Neory
*The day after the tragic incidents because of typhoon Ondoy.

The sun shone on me when I woke up. I looked outside my window. The rain had already stopped. Everything was already calm. I thought everything was already fine. I jumped up off my bed and headed to the bathroom to do my usual morning ritual. Then, I greeted my sister a happy birthday. Today is her 16th birthday. Downstairs, our helpers were busy preparing food for my sister’s little birthday celebration. Around 930am, Together with my mom and my two sisters, we went to Paseo de Sta. Rosa to buy some school supplies at NBS and a cake for Gien at Red Ribbon. On our way, I observed the surroundings. It seemed that everything was back to normal. Unlike last night, there were no pond-like formations on the roads anymore. When we got home, we ate and celebrated altogether. It was lunch time then. After that, my whole family left, except for me and my brother. They went to the airport to fetch someone, a Chinese client of my Dad’s corporation if I’m not mistaken. I did academic stuffs when they were gone. It was much more quiet and peaceful when only a few people were here in our house. That gave me more focus to do what should be done. It was 7pm already when I realized that I haven’t watched TV since I woke up. (The cable wasn’t to my TV. That’s why I can’t watch anything.) So, I decided to go to my sister’s room and watch some news for me to be somewhat informed of what had happened to the victims of Bagyong Onyo. I watched TV Patrol Linggo, and there I saw the flooded places including Manila, Rizal, and Quezon. It was a total disaster. People were in total distress. They lost their homes, some were destroyed. They do not have food. There were still people that were left unrescued. Many people died, mostly drowned, some were buried under the landslides. Many people were missing. While watching everything, I cried. I pitied the people on the news and at the same time, I was very grateful that we did not have to go through the same circumstances. We were so lucky to be living peacefully here in Laguna Belair. There were no floods in here, and we have food and water. Our houses were not destroyed and everyone was safe. TV Patrol also reported that there were many donations that are coming to help our fellow kababayans. It was around 25 million when I watched the news, but it was still increasing. Then I remembered the issue about Pres. GMA spending 800 million pesos in her foreign trips that were supposedly to be used as emergency funds. Imagine how much money she stole and enjoyed all by herself. I actually can’t believe it. I mean, the funds should have been used now. Now that many Filipinos need help, and financial assistance. They need food, clothes, medicines, and shelter. That 800 million pesos could have been very helpful, if only it was not wasted by a very selfish dwarf. Sorry for the word, but I am angry. I am angry because of the selfish politicians that continue to “lead” the Philippines. I would pray. I would continue to pray for the betterment of Philippines. Oh, we did not have our NSTP today. Classes were suspended until Tuesday. I hope by that time, everything will be fine.
0 Responses

Post a Comment