Neory
Since I was a kid, I really looked up to my Dad. It’s not that I love him more than I love my mom, but I just see in him a very brave hero, a hero of our family. My dad is very responsible. He is also very loving and caring. He is somewhat strict but not that strict. Well, I understand why he is like that. If you’ll look at him, you’ll find him very serious and stern but he usually cracks corny jokes that would make our whole family laugh. My Dad doesn’t smoke, but he really loves drinking beer with his friends (occasionally) and I don’t why. Despite his vice, he had always wanted the best for me and for our family.

I admire my Dad very much; especially his quest to reach what he is right now. He was born in a poor family, but poverty did not stop him from reaching his goals. When he was young, he worked for his uncle as a helper and in return, his uncle sent him to school. When he reached college, he became a scholar but his allowance was not enough so he applied for a part time job and became a working student. Fortunately, he graduated as an engineer, had a very great job, earned enough money and then married my mom. When they got married, he already bought a house and lot for us. I just find this act really responsible, because he did not let us rent a house and suffer the usual problem of many families; housing.

My Dad taught us many values, especially thriftiness. He instilled into our minds to save money and to just buy the things we really need. He is also very proud of us. I remember when he was sitting with his friends at a party, they were drinking beer and they were talking about everything. Then I heard my dad, he was telling stories about me. He was bragging about my achievements and what I can do. I was really touched when I heard him saying those things. I felt an inexplicable happiness in my heart. From then on, I strived harder for I want my dad to be more proud of me. I have always given my best shot in everything I did and I will still give my all in everything I would do in the future.

I consider my Dad as our hero because he did everything for us. He works hard everyday, even if it’s tiring, just to meet our needs. I consider him as my inspiration. I once said to myself, “I should be as successful as my Dad.” Then I later realized that I want to be more successful than him. My Dad played a very big part in the process that made me what I am now. I am very thankful because I have him and I know to myself that he really made a very great impact in my life.

*I did this one in Eng013. =)
0 Responses

Post a Comment