Neory
I just want to share our script back in our Hum014 course. I forgot the title of the poem where we based the story. =p

(Play MMK music) Neory: Good morning. There are times in our lives when we feel that we’re deprived of our freedom even if we’re not in prison. One of our kapamilyas bravely shared her story to us. Let me read to you her letter.//Dear Ate Neory, I’ve been married for five years now. I thought my married life was fine, but a realization came to being when we visited the zoo one day, and there we saw a marmoset.

Kirby: Hey you! Can’t you walk faster?
Clarissa: (hurries up to keep up with his husband) Okay, okay.
Kirby: Look! A marmoset! Isn’t he cute?
Clarissa: No, he’s not.
Kirby grabs Clarissa’s hand and puts it around the bars)
Clarissa: Hey! What are you doing?
Kirby: Stay still. Hahahaha!
(Clarissa is troubled and puzzled, looking at the marmoset. Plays the sound of marmoset)
Kirby: Now he thinks you’re another marmoset in a cage! Haha!
(Clarissa will be pissed and will remove her hands from the bars.)
(Kirby’s phone will ring.)
Kirby: Hello?
Mien: Baby, where are you? I’ve been waiting too long for you.
(Kirby tries to hide his conservation with Mien)
Kirby: Oh sir, ofcourse I will. I will be there in a few minutes.
Mien: Are you with your wife again? Oh come on baby, just leave her and be with me. (seductive)
(Kirby tries to go away from Clarissa’s sight.)
Kirby: Okay baby, I’ll be there. (Goes back to Clarissa) I’ll be going. My boss needs me. (scurries away)
(Sweet couple enters with background music “Endless love”)
(Couple shows their sweetness. Clarissa is just watching from a distance, seeing the couple and the marmoset alternately. I will narrate.)
Neory: I envied the sweetness of the couple, their love for each other and their real relationship. (Stop music)
I left the zoo, and accidentally, I saw my husband. I saw him with another girl. (Kirby and Mien were happy together. Clarissa’s watching from a distance, full of sorrow) (play background music “Tell me”)
Then I remembered the bars and the mammal inside it. Just like the marmoset, I am not free. I am imprisoned in this miserable married life of mine, in this living cage.
Then I went home and waited for my husband to arrive. (Clarissa will go home and wait.)
Clarissa: Where have you been?
(Kirby tries to kiss Clarissa but she will push him away.)
Kirby: What’s wrong with you?
Clarissa: I’m asking where you have been!
Kirby: Ofcourse I came from work! I’m working to make a living!
Clarissa: Are you really working for a living or are you working on another woman?
Kirby: So you’re accusing me? (Pause, will get mad, will grab Clarissa in both arms) How dare you accuse me?
Clarissa: I am NOT accusing you, because you already betrayed me! I saw it! You cheated on me! (Kirby slaps Clarissa) (Clarissa is still standing.)
Kirby: (Pause for a while) So what if I am having an affair? I am still the man of this house!
Clarissa: But! (Kirby slaps her again and this time, Clarissa will fall onto the floor.)
Kirby: Look. (Holds Clarissa’s face with anger)You are just my wife. You don’t have the right to complain. Now clean up this mess! (walks out and goes to Mien)
(Kirby and Mien will be together. Mien is “comforting” Kirby in a seductive manner.)
(Clarissa is on center stage, still on the floor, sad. Marmoset will come in and look at Clarissa with sympathy) (Play sound of marmoset and MMK)

Neory: The pain I felt was not just physical. It was more intense inside. The pain is slowly killing me, but I can’t do anything. I’ll end this here. Sincerely yours, Clarissa.
In this earthly world of ours, no one is truly free. We are prisoners of life’s expectations and limitations. We are free, yes, but only to the extent of the circumstances we are given. That is all for today. Good morning.
0 Responses

Post a Comment