Neory
We did our second experiment in analytical chem. It was all about calibration of volumetric glassware. The experiment was tiring because you constantly need to put this amount of water, weigh it, and record the measurement, and then put that amount of water, weigh it, and record the measurement. Again, we needed to weigh the glassware on the analytical balance. Much time is required in falling in line because we only have two analytical balances. I understand why we only have two. It’s because an analytical balance is really expensive. One of our balances costs P60,000 while the other one costs a whopping P100,000. Whew!

While falling in line, I knew some of my classmates. I talked to them, and got to know them for a little bit. Bella was always behind me in line. She was the one taking down the measurements for their pair. While I was weighing my sample, she wrote down the measurement on their notebook, and she was like, “Ano ba yan? Bakit pati yung iyo sinusulat ko? Haha! Naisip ko lang siguro na baka malimutan mo.” Then we both laughed!

Going to the chem. lab and to the chem. room with notebook and flask is a hassle. That’s why when we weigh our samples, we would just memorize the measurement, go back to the lab, and write it down. But Nico is different. He wrote the measurements on his arms! My goodness! Hahaha! I was really laughing at him when I saw him doing that. I, together with my partner, did the calibration of the burette, because individual results are needed. I was the one who did the calibration of the 25-ml pipette and 10-ml pipette, because my partner needed to finish our pre-lab. She wasn’t able to finish it because it was really long. She hadn’t had much time of sleep. Luckily, before the period ended, we both finished what we needed to finish. We ate our lunch on time! Yahoo!

Then, our organic chem. class was fun. I am learning a lot in that class. It also makes me more excited to know more about other organic chemicals, their formula, and their uses. Our Environmental Class was quite boring. We just talked about ecosystems and other elementary environmental science.
0 Responses

Post a Comment