Neory
I watched this video.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1157176135194

It was about a father who chose to pull the lever to put the bridge down and save all the people in the train, but sacrificed his child’s own life. I cried. I felt sad because it is the truth. God sacrificed Jesus’ life but we just didn’t care. We didn’t appreciate and we continue to not appreciate all the things that He had done and He had been doing for us, how much He loves us, and how much He is willing to sacrifice just to save us. I’ve realized that dying for a purpose, say in place of someone you love, is a good way to go. Back then, whenever I am asked if I could give my life for someone, I am hesitant to say yes. Maybe I am afraid to die or something, but now, I realized that dying for a reason wouldn’t be that bad. Sacrificing your own life for the good of others is a very noble act. I won’t mind if I die in place of someone. I would be thinking that at least, because of me, I was able to save him/her. I remember the 18-year old guy who saved 30 or more lives of people. He saved them during the wrath of Ondoy, when the water flooded Manila. After he had saved the last person, he was carried away by the flood’s strong current, he drowned and died. He was a hero for the people whom he had saved. I was moved by his great courage and love for other people. Imagine plunging into the flood and saving other people’s lives risking your own. He did not think about himself that time, that’s why I salute him. He was already safe and out of danger, but still, he chose to dive into the flood again and help the people who were in need. His life was not wasted. He did not die in vain because in the hearts of the people whom he saved and the people who knew his great deed, he will continue to live. He will always be remembered because of his noble act. If a sacrifice is always needed for us to realize the truth, then let it be. May God fulfil His will.
0 Responses

Post a Comment