Neory
Father’s Day. We celebrated it yesterday because today, Dad needs to help in painting our grocery house in Cavite. I went with him, together with my mom. I want to visit Nanay, and at the same time, check on her state.

When we reached our grocery house, Dad brought out the paint in the car and placed it inside the house. Then, I drove the car until we reached our house in Mandarin. (Dad was the one driving for Belair.) It was my first time to drive in Mandarin. I felt that the road was so narrow. I was used to the wide roads in Belair. It was also my first time to drive while people are walking beside our car. I feel that I may bump them. Fortunately, I didn’t.

Nanay looked fine when we got there, but she was in diapers already. She can’t walk that much anymore. She always stays in her bed. She seldom gets up and out of it. Again, it saddened me. I was wishing that she shouldn’t have slipped, fell down, and bruised her lower limbs. The accident disabled her for a quit a time now. She should have been stronger if that didn’t happen. I tried to hide my sadness and talked to her. We talked about anything, like my upcoming debut, my asthma, my studies, and Glen’s studies. I also played cards with her. Those were great moments with her. I am thankful that I had the time to spend with her.

Tito Norman gave me a ride to Binan. From there, I went to SM and sold my 20 Australian dollars that Ninang Bernette, my long lost Ninang, gave me. I got for P765. Then, I went to Max’s Complex for Lara’s debut party. I guess I was the third one to arrive. The traffic was quite heavy so, most of the visitors came late. Meg came fourth and then we waited. Lara arrived in a pink dress. She was really beautiful. She resembles the young Imelda Marcos. Mabel and Dom came around 6:30. Meg needed to go by 6:45pm because of a family dinner for the father’s day.

There, I met Mariel Ortiz. She was a former MCL student, but she transferred to Letran. She was “makulet” and “madaldal”. She was really fun to be with. During the party, I, together with Mabel and Jam, was asked to participate in a getting-to-know-Lara game. We lost but Lara gave us the prize. Choco-chip brownies! Yum! The party was fun. When it was over, we ate cupcakes. Then, we left the restaurant, there’s a lady by the door saying, “Thank you!” Unexpectedly, Dom replied with all pride, “Welcome!” We all laughed because, as Clarissa said, “feel na feel ni Dom mag-thank you, kala mo siya yung nag-debut!” Haha! I went and arrived home safely. Thank God.
0 Responses

Post a Comment