Neory
A pleasant morning to each and everyone of you. It’s a very great honour and privilege to speak in front of you. My first year life here in Malayan Colleges Laguna was not as easy as I thought it was. I’ve encountered a lot of math subjects, a lot of the letter x, lots of reports, assignments, and projects to do. I’ve also experienced a lot of frustrations and headaches because of the math problems I cannot solve, and the drawing plates that are really cumbersome to do. But as challenging as it was, it was also very fun. This school has opened a lot of doors for me. I have met different kinds of people and gained lots of new friends. I also met different professors with different personalities; most of them also became my elder friends. With them in my life, I’ve learned the true value of friendship and socialization. I also learned that you should always smile, you should always look at the positive side of things, you should not give up easily in solving problems because there is no problem without a solution, you should always aim high and that you should show all the people what you got, as one of my professors said, “Humility is an overrated virtue.” So flaunt everything that you have and be proud of it. I am really glad that I came to this institution. I did not only gain new knowledge, but I also gained wisdom and virtue.

All these would not have been possible if not for my professors, who helped me understand complicated lessons, and who became considerate at times, my family who have always inspired me, and provided everything that I need, my friends, who have always been with me through thick and thin, and ultimately to God, who never fails to guide me during the course of my college life. I had a lot of fun during my freshman year, and I am certainly looking forward to the time that I will no longer be called as Neory T. Mangaliman but as Engr. Neory T. Mangaliman. Thank you and may God bless us all.

*I delivered this speech on July 20, 2009 at the MCL auditorium. Meg Anne Santos and Mr. Hermie Articona helped me in making and editing this. =)
0 Responses

Post a Comment