Neory
I watched The Blind Side just recently and regretted that I did watch it just now. I should have watched it way too long ago. It is full of lessons. Many parts of the movie made me cry. It struck a chord in me. The movie helped my brain and my heart remember that I have always been blessed. I always have what I needed. It came to me that even though I do not have everything that I wanted, what I need has been provided and that is enough. I have my parents and my siblings with me, my relatives, my friends, my teachers, and our good neighbors. I have much clothes, shoes, bags, school supplies, and books. I have a bed, a room, an electric fan. I always have food to eat. I never got my stomach growl because of hunger. I never had to endure the cold of the night because I don't have a place to stay in. I never had to suffer under great emotional stress because of life problems. There are many blessings that we tend to overlook because of envy. I am guilty of that. Sometimes I feel that I have so little. I forget to look around and thank God for what He has given me. Sometimes I complain about things that are so mundane, not even realizing that I really do have a lot.

I really salute Big Mike in the movie. He has gone through a lot but he didn't have any grudge at anyone. He forgives and then forget. He just closes his eyes, leave the past behind him, and when he opens them again, he sees the beauty of a new day without any stains from the past. I am praying that I could be like him. I easily forgive, yes. But when it comes to forgetting, I am really not good at it.

I strongly suggest that you watch the movie. It may seem boring during the first few minutes of the movie, but trust me, it's definitely worth of your time.
0 Responses

Post a Comment