Neory
In the city of Quarks, there was this S4 or Sound Four who knew all the things about sound very well. S4 was consisted of Asi Domyouji, Lei Hanazawa, Mei Zuo Akira and Xi Men Soujiroh. They were popular not only in Quarks but also all over Asia. They were studying in Ying De Academy of Eitoku in Quarks. They were also the school’s heartthrob and the sons of the four main owners of the Academy.

One day, when the S4 was walking in the parking lot of Ying De, someone bumped Asi. The girl who bumped him was San Chai Makino. Asi shouted at San Chai with loudness in his voice. San Chai hates being treated that way so she shouted back at Asi “Who are you to shout at me? You’re such an arrogant dog!” Then she ran away from the S4. Asi, who’s very angry that time, shouted again “Hey you! How dare you call me a dog? Come back and I’ll show you what a dog really looks like!” Lei approached Asi, tapped his shoulders and said “I think she did not hear your last words. Remember the Doppler Effect.”

San Chai stopped running when she reached the rooftop. She shouted at the top of her lungs “You S4! You all look like a dog! I promise, I will never like you!” Then she heard her voice’s echo.

The next day, San Chai went to school early in the morning. She went to the locker area to get her things. And when she opened it, snakes started coming out! She screamed with a very high pitch of her voice. But her voice just exhibited reflection because the locker area was a closed place. When the snakes were gone, San Chai looked closely to the card attached inside her locker. It was a red card from the S4! She heard the sound of her heart beat faster. She knew what the card meant.

When she was heading home, she remembered that she has to buy a book for her project. So she went to the nearest mall and used the elevator to go up to the 5th floor of the mall. The elevator stopped when it reached the 3rd floor. The doors opened and there was Asi standing in front of San Chai. She felt nervous. Asi went into the elevator. The doors closed and suddenly the lights went off and the elevator stopped moving. They were both shocked. The two of them were not moving. The San Chai shouted for help. Asi told her “Stop shouting. There are only little slits in this elevator. Your voice can pass through the slits because of diffraction but I think the sound diffracted is very weak. It can be hardly heard by the people outside.” She answered back, “Alright, I’ll stop. But can you please help me think of a way to get us out of here? I thought you are intelligent. You know acoustics, frequency, interference and all that stuff.” “Acoustics is the study of the production and propagation of sound waves. Frequency is the number of cycles per second. Interference is the meeting of two waves. Ask me all about sounds and I can answer it. But I am not an expert in the art of escaping.”

They both sat down side by side. San Chai felt that Asi is hot. She thought he has a fever so he asked him “Are you alright? Aren’t you feeling well? You’re hot.” Asi replied “I am alright, I’m just…” and he fell down to San Chai’s lap. San Chai got her hanky and wet it with water. She then put it into Asi’s forehead. Hours passed and San Chai was still awake. Suddenly, Asi woke up and San Chai asked him “Are you feeling better now?” “Yeah, I’m feeling okay now. Thank you.” He replied and he tried to sat up. San Chai pushed him back to her lap and said “Just rest. It’s alright.” Then she got her harmonica and played it. Asi told himself that the music was so beautiful. “You’re music is very great. Do you know that resonance is the common cause of sound production in musical instruments?” Asi asked. San Chai just shook her head because she already forgot about it.

The next morning, they woke up when the elevator started moving downwards. When it reached the ground floor, they immediately run to get outside the mall. They walked side by side, and when they reached the main road, San Chai said with a blush on her face “I’m going home now.” Asi replied “Take care.” Then they walked on the opposite directions.

Asi stopped and shouted “San Chai! Thank you for taking care of me last night!” San Chai shouted back “I can’t clearly hear you! Remember the refraction of sound?” Asi ran towards her and said “I said thank you for taking care of me last night.” He kissed San Chai on her cheek and headed home. From then on, they became close friends and later on fell in love with each other.

*This story may sound ridiculous. Haha! As I was reading it, I was like, "Did I really write this?" Then I remembered Sir Bondoy asking us to write a story involving sounds and other scientific terms related about sounds, so all throughout the story, they were talking about sounds. I also did this in Physics class under the same topic, sound waves.
0 Responses

Post a Comment