Neory
January 23, 2010. 6pm-5am. Los Banos. (Obviously overnight)

January 24, 2010. 6am. Gawad Kalinga. Community Engagement care of NSTP.

How was that? When I came to school, (Jan.23) I have so much things to carry. Clothes for swimming, and for NSTP. It was so heavy! Good thing I have friends. Haha!

Karen's birthday was a blast! We barely slept because of Mother Nature's voice (Shiela) and also because of the dreadful voice of Jerlito. They kept on singing and singing until dawn! We managed to sleep for two hours.

When we arrived at GK, we were faced with construction worker's jobs. Painting, shoveling, and transfering buckets of soil. The girls were assigned in painting the houses but I didn't join them because of my asthma. My nose and lungs don't like the strong odor of paints. So, I decided to assist the boys in shoveling. First, I was just there, standing, and holding up an umbrella for them to be protected from the sun. When I got bored, I tried shoveling! It was a tough job! Really! Some of my classmates were commenting, "Uy grabe! Buti pa si Neory nagpapapala! Yung ibang LALAKI jan hindi man lang tumutulong!", "Brusko talaga 'to si Neory", "Macho eh!", "Grabe. Kaya mo yan Neory?", "Neory, bilisan mo naman, sinuswelduhan ka tapos pabagal-bagal ka pa!", and a lot more comments! It was a great experience. I will never forget it because it was my first to shovel much lands. Hahaha!
0 Responses

Post a Comment